Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Lots of semen... what's my risk?
Jul 10, 2009

Hi Dr. Bob. Thank you so much for the service you provide. It's an immeasurable help to so many people.

A few days ago, I was feeling really aroused, so I met this guy through Craigslist, and invited him over to masturbate together (nothing more). I always always always practice safe sex, and I try not to put myself in risky situations. However, we ended up masturbating each other to completion, and he ejaculated all over my hand. I don't know how much semen there was, but it felt like ALOT.

I washed my hands immediately, and checked for cuts. There were none that were visible (however, I do bite my nails pretty frequently). I have checked all of the other forums for similar situations, but most simply acknowledge that "mutual masturbation" isn't a risk, but they neglect to include the chances of HIV transmission if semen is involved.

Also, the guy told me that he was "ddf" (disease and drug free), but I don't know how much I can trust someone from the internet...

So my question is, what is my risk for transmission of HIV in this encounter? Actually, what do you think the statistical chance of transmission is in this particular case? (Numbers always make me feel comfortable). Should I even bother getting tested?

I'm particularly worried, because I'm in a monogomous relationship, and would never want to do anything to hurt my significant other (I figured this encounter would be safe).

Thank you so much for your time and the work you do.

Paul

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Paul,

You checked the archives and noted that "mutual masturbation isn't a risk." Bravo! I absolutely agree, which is not surprising considering the fact I wrote most of those expert opinions. However, you're worried that the information in the archives "neglected to include the chances of HIV transmission if semen is involved"?????? WOWZA! Paul, tell me you're kidding. Isn't it implicitly implied that when two horned-up jackaroos are whacking weenies that their one-eyed monsters are going to spout off??? How many mutual masturbation sessions don't involve squirts of spunk??? Paul, rest assured that all the information you read in the archives about "mutual masturbation" would be exactly the same if we had said "mutual masturbation including loads of jizz and loud groans of OH GOD I'M COMING," OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
CD4 down so much could be normal?
Next
some officials challenging casual contact / kissing / quick inactivation suggestions

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.