Dr. Bob, please help I'm terrified over unprotected oral sex.

Dr. Bob, I think youre a saint for doing the work that you do.I want you to know that I plan to make a donation to your wonderful AIDS foundation. My problem began two weeks ago when I decided that I would break out of my shell and, thinking it was very low risk, had unprotected oral sex with two guys, on different days- both of which came in my mouth. Although I quickly spit out the semen I have been so anxiety ridden since this occurred that I can't sleep, I can barely eat and when I do manage to eat something I start cramping up and feel like I'm going to have to go to the toilet and expel it. I also feel faint, sometimes start to sweat when I get really anxious and also get a tingling feeling on my salivary glands. Every time I feel any of these symptoms I get more nervous and all I can think about is that Im +HIV and that I've got another 10 weeks before I can get tested and that Ill go crazy before then. Ive read in this forum that oral sex is low risk but Ive also read that is some cases the risk can be elevated. I have no cuts or openings in my mouth that I know of, sometimes I'll chew a little on the sides of my cheeks, but I dont know if any of the two guys I was with were +HIV, and if so what their viral load was. I beg you to please let me know three things: 1, if you think my symptoms are just a product of my anxiety, 2, how risky you think my actions really were and 3, what test I can take prior to the 12 weeks so that I dont loose my mind- which I fear I will.

Thank you so very much,

Terrified in Miami

Hi Terrified in Miami,

1. Yes, your symptoms are absolutely related to anxiety, not HIV.

2. Very low risk.

3. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be conclusive.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is very low. Read the chapter in the archives of this forum devoted to oral sex. You should find the information there reassuring. I would also suggest you seek professional help for coping with the stress and anxiety associated with having to wait three months for your definitive test. Psychotherapy (counseling) can/or anti-anxiety mediations can be very helpful.

just came out part II +extra donation
CD4 down so much could be normal?