Help Dr. Bob! I don't know where to turn!

Hi Dr. Bob, I will make this fast as I know you are a very busy guy! I performed oral on another guy (I am a guy too) when I was drunk back in November. There was semen in my mouth but I spit it out the second I felt it. I have felt simply awful since then, this little mis-step has been on my mind everyday since then. I had tests done at 6, 10, weeks, 3 months afterward, and was still paranoid so I did a home-acess test 6 and a half months after the exposure. I still am terrified that I ruined my life and that I have HIV. Am I being a complete freak and blowing things out of proportion? Do I need to get over this and realize HIV is not my problem? I have this weird rash under my nose and what feel like acne on the back of my neck right at my hairline...am I being a worry wart? I really appreciate everything you do. I recently got into medical school and reading this forum and seeing how you help others has inspired me to continue on through school...please tell me that I can look forward to a long life free of HIV after this stupid exposure. Thanks Dr. Bob!

Are you blowing things out of proportion? Yep!

Do you need to get over this and realize HIV is not your problem? Yep!

Are you being a worrywart? Yep!

Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to 6.5 months after the blowjob are definitive and conclusive. You just can't get any more negative than that. Take a read through the archives. We have a whole chapter devoted to oral sex. You should find the information there enlightening and reassuring.

Be well. Stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing.

HIV and mortality
Doctor had unprotacted oral sex and weired fingering