just "came out". need your help

before i start... i know this is a qtnd, but i need your advice. i don't feel comfortable talking to anyone else quite yet. I am an 18 year old male. I recently came out to my family..and frankly, myself. I was in denial for so long! so finally i am free of this secret and i went out 4 months ago, to my first gay club! i met someone and french kissed him with tongue for a few seconds. 1 minute at the MOST! My friend later told me this man was hiv+. now i have read your archives and you say unless someone is french kissing dracula with tongue, that it's not really a risk.is this true? I don't know if he was bleeding, and i was pretty drunk so i know i bite my lips as a nervous habit. i didn't see or taste blood (from what i rememeber) the other day i got a rapid oral swab oraquick advance test done at an altamed clinic and came out negative. am i in the clear?

* is it accurate that unless i'm french kissing dracula, there is no cause for concern? i want to be able to kiss people without worrying. i will gladly donate $40 to your foundation via paypal!

also, can a rapid oral swab oraquick advance test still be accurate 1-2 1/2 years later? (different incident)

Hi Newbie,

Relax Max! Your negative rapid HIV test at four months is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. This was to be expected, because your HIV-acquisition risk was indeed nonexistent. As the old song goes: "You must remember this, a kiss is just a kiss, as time goes by." As for Dracula, he doesn't really like to kiss. He prefers to "neck!"

As for the previous incident several years ago, yes, your OraQuick Advance test would definitely still be accurate. You are HIV negative. Yell WOO-HOO or YABBA-DABBA-DO or whatever and stop worrying, OK?

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Finally, congratulations on accepting your sexual orientation and coming out to your family. BRAVO! Honesty is always the correct decision.

Be well Newbie,

Blood all over the place- Adrian again - some add
ADRIAN.