Worried from India (mumbai)

Hello Bob,

Greetings !!!

Truly appreciate the good work you do for those worried & impacted with HIV.

Here is my situation,

On June 26th 2008, I had an exposure with a CSW at Mumbai.While this was my first such sexual situation ever, as expected I was nervous. I did use a condom however I could not penetrate her as I did not have enough errection (since I was nervous). However after a few attempts to my scare I realised that my condom had come off and my penis had been in direct contact with her vagina. As mentioned earlier, there was no intercouse, but i am quite sure that the head of my penis did rub the vagina & may have gone in for a minute or two in my attempt to penetrate her. On realising that the condom came off I immediately stopped the act & preferred leaving the place.

Following this exposure I immediately tested for HIV the very next day which came back negative. After having read a few sites I realised that there is a window period and hence I repeated my tests at 4 1/2 , 5 1/2 , 7 & 9 months...all came back negative. The testing method used was ELISA. Despite the negative tests I am still worried and have a few questions,

1) Since the prevelance of HIV is high in india, will the avergare risk of transmission for 1 in 2000 episodes from female to male change for India.

2) Do I require to test upto 12 months ? My Hep B & C tests too were negative after 6 months

3) As fas as symptoms go , i did have tonsillitis at 9 months which lasted for 3 -4 days. There are a few small red bumps on the back of my throat which my ENT specilaist says are taste buds. I also have a small node or pleomorphic adenoma at the back of my right ear lobe for a while, is this an indication of HIV ?

4) Post my expousre in June'08 after 4 months (oct'08) I got married and followed safe sex, however at times did indulge in frottage with my wife. Will this delay the formation of antibodies for the initial exposure I had with the CSW ? My wife during a routine check up had a negative HIV test at 5 1/2 months.

Sorry for this long note. I will eagerly await your response. Thanks God Bless !!!

1. No.

2. No. Your repeatedly negative HIV ELISA tests out to nine months are definitive and conclusive. You are HIV negative.

3. No.

4. No.

You're welcome!

Please clarify (or hypothesize) re: tonsillitis . . . please
Weight loss, muscle loss and steamroom