of a discordant couple
Jul 6, 2009
My wife was found to be HIV positive when she was pregnant.When she delivered, she was told NOT to breast feed the baby. I went for a test after 6 months and am still Negative.Am I a carrier and can I transfer it to a negative woman?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Are you a carrier that can transmit HIV to others? No, you are not. Your negative HIV test performed six months after your last potential exposure is definitive and conclusive. You are HIV negative.
By the way, why are you considering cheating on your wife?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Insertive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Sex (not An Std)
- What Kinds Of Infections Could Cause A Brown Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.