Need help and answer

I found out I had HIV+ on 4-30-09 . I didn't go for help and keep it to myself. I was so despessed and did not eat only drink ensure. On 6-12-09 I go in to get help and do a blood test. On 6-29-09 I have a fever and found out I have aids and my viral load was 35400 and t-cell 112. My doctor give me megestol suspension for my appetite,acetaminophen for my fever,sulfamethoxazole with trimethoprim for antibotics and pneumonia and also chest x-ray. My doctor said, it treatable. My question is how much treatable is it or am I too late for treatment. My fever keep coming back every 4 to 5 hour and should I go to the emergency if the fever keep coming back. My next appointment 8-26-09 and I think it might be too long for treatment. Need help and Thank you

It's indeed unfortunate you waited so long to seek treatment. That, however, is in the past. What's important now is aggressively treating your HIV/AIDS and opportunistic complications. I agree most pneumonias are treatable. Your HIV plasma viral load should decreased on effective antiretroviral therapy. Hopefully your doctor started you on a regimen of antiretrovirals. (You did not list these in your current medication list!) As your HIV viral load decreases your CD4 count should rise.

If you are having persistent fevers, I would suggest you see your HIV physician specialist rather than go to the emergency room. Considering your low CD4 counts, fever and presumed pneumonia, I would anticipate your HIV specialist would want to see you much sooner than 8/26/09! Call and move your appointment up to this week. If your current HIV specialist is uncooperative or too busy to see you, get a second opinion from another HIV specialist without delay. Close follow-up is certainly warranted.

Marijuana use (MARIJUANA, 2009)
SYMPTOMS OF HIV BUT ALL TEST NEGATIVE