how safe is it to have kids with washed sperm and invitro

hi i understand that questions about having children are asked alot, but i was wondering just how safe sperm washing and invitro is. what is the percentage of infecting the woman, if it is the man who is positive. I am 26, and found out that i was infected last month, i started meds right away, and am doing great. My wife of 5 months is negative dispite unprotected sex for the last year (as we both had no idea that i was infected) my cd4 was 151 and i am waiting on results for my viral load. We where trying to concieve befor being diagnosed..so the question here is..HOW SAFE IS SPERM WASHING and INVITRO? as well as when CAN WE DO THIS PROCEDURE, WHAT SHOULD MY CD4 and ViRAL LOAD BE? Thanks you have been a great help to my wife and I, in dealing with our new situation.

Sperm washing and in vitro fertilization is considered to be very safe. You should work closely with your HIV specialist and an HIV-knowledgeable gynecologist.

Since you only found out about your HIV infection last month and were having unprotected sex with your wife up until the time of diagnosis, your wife will need HIV-antibody testing at the three- and six-month marks from the date of last exposure (unprotected sex) to confirm her HIV status. During this six-month period you should work closely with your HIV specialist to drive your HIV plasma viral load down to undetectable levels. Having an undetectable viral load significantly decreases the risk of HIV transmission. CD4 counts are not as important as far as conception is concerned. However, a CD4 count below 200 places you at increased risk for opportunistic infections, such as Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia. For your general health it obviously would be better if you could get your CD4 counts up. Your HIV specialist will review all of this information with you in greater detail. I'd also suggest you read through the information on this site. Begin with the "HIV Basics" that can be easily accessed on The Body's homepage. You and your wife should also read through the archives of this forum. We have entire chapters devoted to magnetic couples, pregnancy, HIV sexual prevention and related topics.

Captain Pee Pee & Windigo worried.
many thanks for everything