Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sorry Doc but in my answer there was a misunderstanding
Jul 5, 2009

Hi again Dr Robert there was a misunderstanding in the answer to my question. You gave a low risk assuming when the condom burst only the shaft was exposed but it was the entire head up till half the shaft. "My mistake, i've been making allot lately". I apologize but Please read and answer once more I made the corrections. This is what happened. Hookers, money and alcohol all in one room including me. What happened?, hmmmmmmm,"I Left", i left my table with one of them to have sex that was supposed to be safe but the condom broke and now it can't be used for christmas. Alright enough of trying to hide my fair, so the condom broke but at the beginning probably 2 minutes after we started, she was the one who recognized and said "stop the condom" i pulled out paused and ask for another condom, for a second it seemed like she did not want to continue but we did with a fresh condom. My recognition is when i pulled out, the head and shaft of my penis only seemed moist from the condom meaning her vagina was a little dry compared to other girls. Could this mean there was not enough vaginal fluid to enter my urinating track? How far down the track does the virus need to travel to infect someone? I am circumcised and the encounter was for 10 seconds. What is my risk? Please reply before my fair starts creating symptoms like those other dudes and send crazy . "thanks" i will make a donation for what your doing for the world.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

The accuracy of my response is dependent upon the accuracy of the information provided in the question! I often do not revisit questions when posters submit additional information or make "corrections," as this is not fair to the thousands of folks who are still waiting for an initial response to their first question. In your case my assessment does indeed change in light of your revised information.

Broken-condom insertive vaginal sex that exposes "the entire head" of your tallywhacker carries the same HIV-acquisition risk as unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex. The CDC statistical estimate for acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 5 per 10,000 exposures. Your statistical estimate would be less, as we do not know the HIV status of your Bouncing Betty from the Badda Bing and your exposure was very brief (10 seconds). My advice is that you get an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Urgent: Questions after completing 28-day PEP regimen
Next
Reactive Antibody Test and Indeterminate Western Blot??

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.