Jul 4, 2009
I read somewhere that you can still get infected with HIV even if the virus is dead (i.e., dried blood) because it "comes back to life" when it comes in contact with your bodily fluids. SOunds ridiculous to me....there's no truth to it is there?
Response from Dr. Frascino
HIV is neither Lazarus nor a vampire. It cannot "come back to life."
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis B After Vaccine?
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
- Smelly Vagina Always Mean An Std
- At What Stage Of Hiv Do You Get Itching
- Diarrhea Vomiting And Muscle Pain Early HIV Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.