Jul 4, 2009
I read somewhere that you can still get infected with HIV even if the virus is dead (i.e., dried blood) because it "comes back to life" when it comes in contact with your bodily fluids. SOunds ridiculous to me....there's no truth to it is there?
Response from Dr. Frascino
HIV is neither Lazarus nor a vampire. It cannot "come back to life."
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Atripla Cause False Positive On Drug Screen For Marijuna?
- Can Coenzyme Q10 Help Neuropathy?
- What Is A Good Viral Load And T-cell Count For Someone With Hiv?
- Are Women More Likely To Catch Herpes Than Men?
- Will Using A Condom Protect From Genital Warts?
- When Does Herpes Appear On Lips?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.