Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

XXXXX (from ZZZZZ)
Jul 4, 2009

Hey doc chris again thanks for your offer of getting thru this with me I think i'll take it up cause like I told the counciler I saw when your worlds stops spinning everything just seems to go on. I really need someone to talk to. They say this virus takes over your body but im losing my mind. At first I was like noone gets that I dont have that, then they told me I did and I've been so angry at the world. But when I've pushed everyone away and I sit down by myself I just cry and cry and cry. Im sorry to annoy you doc I just love talking to you. Thanks for everything

Chris

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi xxxx,

A period of adjustment after learning about an HIV/AIDS diagnosis is to be expected. We all go through it. Supportive friends and family can help as well as getting professional help from a psychotherapist (counselor).

XXXX, read through the information on this site. You'll find many testimonials from folks who have experienced exactly the kind of emotional turmoil you are currently experiencing. Things can and will get better. Ultimately having a positive attitude about being positive is very beneficial in coping with the challenges of being virally enhanced. A close relationship with a compassionate and competent HIV physician can help as well. I should also mention we HIVers are prone to clinical depression. (After all we do have a significant reason to be singing the blues, right?) Clinical depression is amenable to treatment with psychotherapy and antidepressants.

Hang in there xxxx. Let's get through this together, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
Do I need to do both tests - ELFA and ELISA?
Next
Again me :s

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.