Ask for the first time sir
Jul 4, 2009
Hello Sir, Thank's god I found this website and glad to know you sir. I'll donate to your foundation and hope you want to respond my question. I had run through the website archive and read some similar questions, but still couldn't calm my self. Here is my problem: I'm a professional and two weeks ago I had business trip to Moscow. My business partner at there offered me a female escort and I did protected vaginal intercourse with her. Before we did that, I remembered she used my dark color handkerchief which was on the bed to wipe her vagina and she told me she used that to clean her vagina. As a result I saw there's small amount of cervical fluids on it. Unfortunately, After I done with her or 30 minutes after the intercourse, I took out my condom and I wiped my uncircumcised penis with that handkerchief (I really forgot that it had been used by her previously). In the next morning, I saw redness around the top of my foreskin and very itchy. Is this a symptom of HIV? My question sir: a.) I had read in this website archive, when these fluids dried outside the body meaning that the HIV viruses also died. How bout if the cervical fluids on the handkerchief is not dried after 30 minutes? Can I infected by HIV? (Let say the escort is infected) b.) Do you recommend any HIV test?
Thank you sir...
Response from Dr. Frascino
Your HIV-acquisition risk is negligible at best. Responding to your specific questions:
1. This theoretical transmission risk would be so remote as to become essentially nonexistent.
2. Although not warranted medically, if you remain worried, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. I'm confident the result will be negative. However, if this helps put any residual worries permanently to rest, it may be worth the effort psychologically.
Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that you are HIV negative.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When Does Diarrhea Start After Hiv Infection?
- Does Hiv Survive In The Open Environment?
- How Long Do Lymph Nodes Stay Swollen After Getting Hiv?
- Are Hiv Symptoms Constant Or Do They Come And Go?
- Can A Woman Give Hiv To A Man How Likely Is It?
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv To Show Up In Your System?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.