Just broke up with my positive partner, some advice please

Hi Doctor Bob,

I have just ended my 11 month relationship with my positive partner i am negitive btw, its been a really hard thing to come to terms with but i am now in the situation of where do i go from here. I had a test in the beginning of the relationship at 10 weeks after exposure a rapid prick test and a full blood test as we had unprotected sex once 4 days before he found out he was positive these results came back negitive, we have never had unprotected sex since then and to my knowledge we have never had a condom break ect although we did use to give eachother blow jobs unprotected, i am going to get tested again but my question is how long should i wait to be sure i have got a true negitive result 3 or 6 months, also do you think i am at risk of these tests coming back positive his counts were all good virals low ect but i am getting myself very nervous as i have been getting pains in my arms, armpits, legs and down the side of my chest like shooting pains and i am finding this hard to deal with on top of the relationship breaking down.

Thanks so much for your time and help......

The guidelines recommend HIV-antibody testing immediately, at the three-month mark and at the six-month mark for folks who have had a significant exposure to someone confirmed to be HIV infected. I'd suggest you follow these guidelines. Try not to worry. It won't change the results of your test. Counseling could be helpful if you're having difficulty with the breakup and/or anxiety associated with waiting through the six-month window period.

Good luck!

still detectable after 4 months on meds.....
Stamp my woohoo, homeboy.