still detectable after 4 months on meds.....

Hi Dr Robert, you are such a shining light in a dark place, my hero... please answer

l started taking meds for the first time on feb 20 2009 viroal load 45,000 cd4 303 and %18 afer 2 months viroal load 440 and cd4 331 and %24

new tests on 15-6-09

viroal load 100 and cd4 333 and %25

are my meds working ??? why am still decetable after 4 months ??? l am on truvada and niverpine once daily in the morning and never missed a dose,

thank you for your time and doing a great job for us hivers

Are your HIV meds working? Yep! Your HIV plasma viral load has steadily decreased from 45,000 to 440 to 100. Your CD4% has steadily increased from 18% to 24% to 25%. This shows steady improvement virologically (declining viral load) and immunologically (increasing CD4%).

Personally I would not select nevirapine as my first choice for an initial regimen. There are, in my opinion, less toxic and more potent agents from which to construct an initial regimen. However, your HIV specialist may well have a very good reason for selecting that regimen for you. And it's always hard to argue with success and it does appear your regimen is successful. If, however, if your viral load doesn't get to undetectable or you have difficulty tolerating nevirapine, a switch to a different recommended regimen would be warranted.

Peruse the information in the archives and related links to learn more about HIV treatment options.

Is a pimple/bug bite hermetically sealed?
Just broke up with my positive partner, some advice please