Is a pimple/bug bite hermetically sealed?
Jul 1, 2009
2 logical questions doc,
If a drop of infected blood were to fall on a non-bleeding pimple and/or a minor insect bite scab would there be a chance of transmission?
Do scabs and closed pimples offer the same protection as the epidermis against HIV?
Response from Dr. Frascino
"Two logical questions." The same logical answer. HIV cannot penetrate intact skin. A closed pimple or scabbed insect bite would not be considered an HIV risk.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Are Muscle Aches In Legs A Symptom Of Hiv?
- CUTS ON HAND AND BLOOD CONTACT HIV RISK
- Does Long Lasting Herpes Outbreak Mean I Am Infected With HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.