Should I need to do the test again?
Jul 1, 2009
Hello Dr. Bob, Before I ask this question, I had read your answer for question asked by the other guy "Halo.. Hope u answer my question.. from Indonesia.." u answered to him that" You cannot contract these viruses from masturbating with women's bras and/or unwashed knickers!" My problem is I masturbated with such item, in which the vaginal secretion is not fully dried and maybe there's blood stain which also not totally dried. Thus, I'm not circumcises and at that time I got inflammation. I'm asking this question coz my friend told me this person confirmed infected by HIV. My question: 1.) Am I at risk of HIV or others STD? 2.) I had gone through HIV rapid test by both saliva and blood at the 3month and the result was -, so do i need to do the test again at the 6month? In fact the counselor told me to do the test again... :(
Love you Bob:)
Response from Dr. Frascino
Undies still wet with vaginal secretions and blood??? Bobby, what did you do, rip those knickers right off a horned-up menstruating lap-dancer? And to top it off you determined she is HIV infected, you are uncircumcised and you had "inflammation" (I'm assuming this was on your Mr. Happy, right?). Well, this is a somewhat curious (and unlikely) set of circumstances. To address your specific concerns:
1. There would be at least a slight (very, very slight) theoretical risk if everything you mention is indeed true (which I strongly tend to doubt.).
2. The general guidelines is that if indeed you had a significant exposure to someone confirmed to be HIV positive, you should test out to six months. Consequently if your counselor is convinced your exposure was indeed significant, taking another test at the six-month limit would be appropriate. That said, I can reassure you that with your negative three-month test and your minimal at best potential risk, the odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this panty raid.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Anal Sex Bottom
- Odds Of Getting HIV Unprotected Vaginal Sex
- Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Risk Of Getting HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Open Wound Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.