Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

maybe I didnt roll the condom down all the way? Please help
Jun 24, 2009

I had sex with a sex worker and used a condom, I have a fairly girthy penis and I used a magnum to cover up, I rolled it down all the way that I could before it got to tight and wouldnt roll down any further, we had sex maybe 5min and I went to roll the condom off and I grabbed it at the base where I was touching the condom and the base of my penis and for some reason I just smelled my fingers and I could smell her "scent" real close to or on my penis. Is there any risk of hiv there? should I have paid more attention, do you recommend getting tested as I could have been in contact with her vaginal fluid on the base of my penis? there were no cuts on my penis or blood involved. I would hope I would not have to think about this while waiting 3 months, If there is no real risk than I will dismiss it, but if I need to get in there for a test than I will also... thank you so very much

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

You could smell her scent on your penis??? Wow. Those yoga classes must really be paying off. You must be more flexible than Gumby. Either that or your erect tallywhacker is so large it deserves its own zip code. Either way, lucky you!

Your HIV worries are unwarranted. Even if her cervical/vaginal juices came in contact with the base of your penis (or even part of the shaft) not covered by your Magnum condom, there is no risk, because HIV cannot permeate intact skin. You mentioned there were no cuts on your Mr. Happy so you can relax Max! So long as the business end of your one-eyed monster was appropriately dressed for the occasion in his latex raincoat you're fine. The only reason to consider testing would be peace of mind. The result would undoubtedly be negative.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
blood exposure, and negative test at 8 weeks
Next
Tyra Banks Question + Donation

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.