Eczema and HIV ($50 donation - that's all I have)

Dear Dr. Frascino,

Thank you so much for what you do. You are absolutely amazing. Thanks for helping all of us.

I met this guy two months ago and we performed oral sex and rubbed our penises together. I am afraid that his precum got into my urethra while the heads of our penises were touching. I know that urethra can absorb HIV virus... That was a low risk... right? Some people have been saying that HIV can't live in the air due to temp. and pH change.. so I am not sure...

Also, I have been feeling really tired for the past few days. My legs had no energy for two days. My neck was swollen for two days.... I am not sure why. I researched and apparently your neck swollens if you have canker sores? I have had canker sores by the way for the past few days.I know that fatigue and swollen lymph glands are symptoms of ARS. I am so scared. Am I infected? Ahh

So I have eczema. Let's say I got infected with HIV two months ago. Is it possible for me to die earlier because I have eczema? Well if I get AIDs, I'm guessing my immune system won't be able to fight the open wonds and such...

Please help me Dr. Frascino. I only have $50 since I am a student. I will donte it all to your foundation. Thanks!

Hello Student,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is extremely low from the activities you describe.

Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. The only reason to worry or consider HIV testing is risk exposure, not whether symptoms are present. (Your particular symptoms are not worrisome for HIV ARS).

Having eczema would not decrease your life expectancy if you were HIV positive.

Take a read through the archives of this forum. You should find the information enlightening and reassuring. To put your HIV fears permanently to rest get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. I'm quite confident the result will be negative.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month test is negative.

Good luck. Be well.

HIV
A dumb mistake