HIV

Dear Dr Robert,

How are you.Went swimming with my 2 year old daughter and while swimming in the baby pool I saw a band aid with blood on it. Someone took it out of the pool immediately. Is there any risk of HIV transmission through that? Myself and my daughter had a couple days old cuts on our hands. The person's whose band aid it was may have bled in the pool. I am just so worried for my daughter and myself and the other kids in the pool. Is there any risk of HIV this way. Thank you. Regards, Mimi

Hello Mimi,

There is absolutely no risk of contracting HIV while in a swimming pool, even if someone was bleeding.

Swing club room. Please answer. I will donate $200
Eczema and HIV ($50 donation - that's all I have)