Jun 23, 2009
Dear Dr Robert,
How are you.Went swimming with my 2 year old daughter and while swimming in the baby pool I saw a band aid with blood on it. Someone took it out of the pool immediately. Is there any risk of HIV transmission through that? Myself and my daughter had a couple days old cuts on our hands. The person's whose band aid it was may have bled in the pool. I am just so worried for my daughter and myself and the other kids in the pool. Is there any risk of HIV this way. Thank you. Regards, Mimi
Response from Dr. Frascino
There is absolutely no risk of contracting HIV while in a swimming pool, even if someone was bleeding.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Frequent Watery Vaginal Discharge With Bad Odor
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
- Soreness On Penis Tip After Sex Std Sti
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.