hiv from an Endoscopy???

I had an Endoscopy 4 years ago and 8 Days later I got a rash all over my body (big purple spots) and a very high fever I was like this for a whole week. I went to the hospital Emergency Room and explained what happened to me, I was sent home just with tylenol because they said it was just a virus. But this is where it goes worst. I have been always in a relationship with the same man for 15 years, we have been alwats loyal to each other and never cheated to each other. Last year I was diagnosed with HIV and a CD4 of only 145 and viral load 150,000. I was so scared as I knew that was AIDS already. I went with my boyfriend to get him tested and he tested negative. I was put on Atripla right away and now I am undetectable with CD4 575. My boyfriend continues to be negative. My question is, since we have never been with other men, and the only time that I felt so sick was after that Endoscopy, is it possible that I got the virus from that procedure? One thing that I most mention is that the Endoscopy was performed at the Doctor's office in NYC and he was using the same equipment to perform the test to multiple persons. I did see each time the nurse washed the equipment with a blue liquid, but I am affraid I got the HIV from there. Would that be true? is there a way to prove that I got the virus from them and perhaps press legal charges? Thank you

Is there a way to prove you contracted HIV from an endoscopy procedure four years ago and press legal charges? No. Not unless you can prove you contracted your infection there (extremely unlikely) or there were a number of cases of HIV seroconversion possibly related to this particular physician's practice (also extremely unlikely). I should also mention it would be unlikely that your CD4 count would fall so dramatically to 145 within a four-year period. Generally speaking it takes much longer (closer to 8 or 10 years) to drop that low. Are you absolutely certain there were no other potential HIV-exposure risks over the past decade?

One piece of encouraging news is that you are responding well to treatment both virologically (HIV plasma viral load plummeting to undetectable) and immunologically (CD4 climbing to 575).

Extremely worried, need reassurance
HIV on mail