Nasal Secretions & HIV Infection
Jun 19, 2009
When I was in a bus last 3 days. Some fluids from a man, in front of me, spilled into my left eye, I thought it might be his nasal secretions, I'm not sure. I know that nasal secretions containing blood results hiv infection. However I don't know normally if nasal secretion contains blood. How much chance I was infected from nasal secretion spilled into my eye?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Nasal secretions "spilled" into your eye from a guy in front of you while riding on a bus??? Hmm . . . he must have had one serious runny nose! Your HIV risk is nonexistent. Nasal mucous generally does not contain blood.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Purple Spots A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Anal Warts After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.