Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please doctor i feel im 6 feet under the ground
Jun 19, 2009

i bully you again.. i had unprotected sex with girl unknown status half year ago. ive had experience so called ars symptoms and tested negative at 8 weeks antigen/antibody for hiv,syphilis,hep b,c all negative. except ebv, 12week mark hiv again.. and what next. im still having symptoms: oral trush,something in tip of my penis,muscle pains,rash on back an shoulders,itchy body,nausea,red spots on my leg,etc.. bad thing here is that i dont know whats going on. im afraid. nights im thinking bad things.. please help doc. finnish 25 year old teenager needs your help. please be nice. im laying in yours arm now. i d like to donate some euros to your clinic too if you answer my wacky question,,

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello "Finnish 25-Year-Old Teenager,"

Unprotected sex does place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. However, your negative HIV-antibody tests out to 12 weeks are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Whatever is causing your symptoms, one thing is certain: It's not HIV! Your symptoms sound more like anxiety than HIV! Have your general medical doctor evaluate any persistent symptoms. Remember, HIV is not your problem!

Donation information for the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thank you for you interest in helping those in desperate need.

Good luck. Stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing.

Dr. Bob

Previous
staph
Next
final follow up (My Dr. is being ridiculous and now advising I have a C-section based on inconclusive results.)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.