possible needlestick

Dear Doctor, This is possibly a question which would make you wonder how realistic could my fear be but nevertheless, as I am afraid, I will share it with you and hope for your answer. Yesterday, whilst in a hotel near Paris airport (a decent one but no 5*) on my bed, I felt for a moment a pinch whilst snoozing for a few minutes after my wake-up call (clearly I had not realized anything when I first went to bed). I stood up and saw something which looked like a needle without a syringe. I touched it and did not feel stainless steel or metal but did look like a needle. I immediately disposed of it in the toilet bowl thinking it cannot be a needle and tried to get on with my day. As you can guess I cannot get on with my day at all!!!! My question is, if that were to be a needle with HIV blood in it but without a syringe attached and on my sleep, turning sides etc I was stuck by it, could HIV have been viable and possible to transmit if the previous guest or housekeeping left it there for whatever reason? Not sure how many hours since housekeeping would have made the room since but surely more than one hour. Is my fear warranted or non-existent/ridiculous? Truly sorry to bring up such a question and all the very best for your marriage-it gives us all perspective to follow the example and make a statement about our lives, choices in love and human rights. Sincerely, not-so-relaxed in Paris

Hi Not-so-relaxed in Paris,

Actually there are no five-star hotels near Charles de Gaulle airport! You'd have to go to the George V off the Champs Elysees for that kind of luxury. Are you fears warranted or nonexistent/ridiculous? I'd say nonexistent/ridiculous, definitely nonexistent/ridiculous! HIV doesn't survive outside the body. Plus, why would housekeeping try to murder the guests? Parisian chamber maids are not psychopaths secretly planting HIV-infected syringes in the down comforters! If my reassurance isn't enough for you to shake your totally unwarranted worries, get a single HIV test at the three-month mark. It's not warranted medially, but if it puts your residual fears permanently to rest, it may be worth the effort psychologically.

Stop worrying and start enjoying Paris. It's one of my favorite cities on the globe!

Be well.

Hey Bob...This is kind of embarassing...but i would appreciate your answer... thanks in advance buddy.
In love with + man, NOW worried about myself