Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hey Bob...This is kind of embarassing...but i would appreciate your answer... thanks in advance buddy.
Jun 18, 2009

Hey Bob, I have a question i would really appreciate your assistance on this... Its kind of an embarassing question but i have no one else to ask this too. In a nutshell, I was given a handjob in a hot jacuzzi tub, i ejaculated in the tub, however i noticed that before I got in the tub.. i would say 5mins before... 2 guys were in the tub roughly the same spot.

What i would like to know is.. say they ejaculated in the tub also, and i ejaculated 5mins after them... would i be at risk of HIV being entered into me? (If it were present)

I heard HIV cannot live in conditions like that, but could you please confirm? Does the time i took to get in the tub hold any significance? Or does HIV die right away in those conditions?

Thanks alot Bob.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Just how many studs have unloaded a squirt of baby batter in that hot bubbly Jacuzzi anyway?

Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent. Hot Jacuzzis are a very inhospitable environment for HIV. HIV would not survive. Plus, there would be a dilutional effect. Consequently your HIV risk is indeed zero, OK? You might be coated with icky, sticky coagulated spunk when you climb out of that luv-tub, but you won't be HIV infected, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
quick anal sex
Next
possible needlestick

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.