Using Lube from Anus and HIV

Hello -

I need some advice. I was the insertive anal partner with a guy who I do not know his HIV status. We had protective sex, however, I my concern comes from the lube I used on my penis prior to putting on the condom. My partner was already lubed and I fingered him for a bit - then used the lube from his anus to coat my penis - prior to putting on the condom.

Now in retrospect - this was an extremely foolish thing to do, and I am in a panic wondering what my chances of infection are.... I am assuming the lube contained some rectal secretions, which I have read contain high levels of the HIV virus (even higher than blood and semen).

Supposing he is HIV+, what are my chances of infection? Am I at risk?

Thanks in advance for your response.

"Resubmitted from the HIV and Fatigue forum - sorry for the mistake."

I'm glad your question finally found its way to the proper forum.

You used secondhand lube from your bottom boy's butt to coat your penis prior to putting a condom on??? Hmm . . . definitely not a wise move! If your partner is HIV infected, you are at risk. Consequently I would advise you get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. I'd also suggest you stock up on your own water-based lube!

HIV+ DAD and HIV- MOM desire CHILD
Accuracy of HIV test?