Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I know my doctor lied to me about my test results
Jun 18, 2009

Hi Dr. Frascino, here is my situation. I had a nonreactive blood test 32 days post and an undetectable less than 50 copies RNA by PCR at 37 days post. The doctors office where I got the viral load test keep bugging me to come back and test again but why? They know that I am SO scared of this but already told me my results when i called them and they left a VM with my results on this website(getyourlabresults.com), could it be they lied to me just so they could tell me face to face because they might think I would harm myself? (which i would never do, no matter what life presents me with) Everytime I call them it just seems sketcy plus my symptoms are off the wall.

current eczema and psoriasis flare ups hand rash AND diareah at week 3, muscle spasms and headache week 4 pimple that dont pop, all over back and chest small cluster of raised bumps rash on shoulders, arms flat rash on forehead for a couple of hours hairy tongue AND NOW INFLAMED GUMS that bleed WHICH I HAVE NEVER HAD BEFORE even when I wouldn't brush for days. This is NO coincidence

your probably thinking that I dont have a chance but my only hope right now are my results but I think there is a conspiracy. PLEASE HELP ME DR!!!! Pretty Please!!!!!!! Ive emailed like a million times already :-(

brief unprotected with call girl who most likely has hiv

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Calm down! Your doctors would not lie to you about your test results. There is no conspiracy.

My advice is simple:

1. Get counseling (psychotherapy) to help with your anxiety and irrational fears surrounding HIV and your conspiracy theory.

2. Get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to three months are not considered conclusive.

Dr. Bob

Previous
have you ever seen
Next
HIV+ DAD and HIV- MOM desire CHILD

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.