Afraid of getting tested... I need your help (Donation guaranteed)

Hello Dr. Frascino,

I had unprotected oral and frottage nine weeks ago. I am eighteen years old. I am currently studying in the US as an international student and will be going back to Japan for the summer. I am afraid to get tested because what if I'm HIV positive? I'd have to let my parents know and I am scared... What should I do? Should I just wait till I become ill and die? I am so stressed...

Frottage is not considered to be an HIV-transmission risk. Oral sex carries only a very slight risk for HIV acquisition/transmission. HIV-antibody testing prior to the three-month mark is not considered to be conclusive.

Should you just wait until you become sick and die??? Do you really believe that is a good option? If so, you need a good psychiatrist, not advice from an HIV expert.

I realize HIV testing is stressful, but if you're old enough to be having sex, you're old enough to accept the responsibilities of your actions. If you feel you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, you should get an HIV test at the three-month mark. From the activities you describe in your post, I can tell you with great certainty that the odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract the virus. Take a read through the archives of this forum. We have entire chapters devoted to oral sex, HIV sexual transmission, HIV testing and other related topics. You should find the information there enlightening and reassuring.

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test will be negative. (Please note my good-luck karma has yet to fail!)

Good luck. Be well.

Donation for a good cause(elite controller)
dr bob!