Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Need your help Dr.Bob!!!!
Jun 16, 2009

Hi Dr.B, how have you been? You've helped me in the past and you were right on every account-so I'm hoping you can work your magic once again... About 5 weeks ago, I had an encounter with TS worker...I performed protected anal which lasted about 2 minutes...I then pulled out and proceeded to remove the condom. I squeezed the tip to see if it was ok and it was intact no leaks...so I removed it and cleaned up and right after, I proceeded to touch the inside of my nose as I had a nose bleed earlier that day...not thinking that I had just touched the tip of the condom, I noticed that there was still a little blood on the insidewall of my nose!

Now 5wks later I woke up with a very sore throat, swollen glands in my neck and slight fever!!! I believe that either making out or touching the inside of my bloody nose got me infected with HIV... What is my actual chance that I am now going through ARS?...Please help as I can't function anymore!

Thanks-you're the best!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Another question related to HIV transmission via nose picking? Yours is the 5th one this week! Relax Max; your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. You are not HIV infected. You are not experiencing ARS. More than likely you have a routine sore throat (bacterial or viral infection) plus a hearty dose of guilt and anxiety stemming from your recent walk on the wild side at your local trannyshack. If you don't believe me, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The result will undoubtedly be negative.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Seeking to have a baby
Next
Not found similar question. 100 euros donated.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.