$50 Ringworm Q&A

Is it true that ringworm is a symptom/sign of HIV infection?

If so, is it usually in ARS symptoms or advanced HIV/AIDS?

Donation being sent via paypal. I was having some trouble sending through paypal. Can you send me the link??

Hugs and good karma! :)

Tinea corporis (ringworm) is a circular erythematous scaling that spreads and has an area of central clearing giving the appearance of a "ring." It really has nothing to do with worms. It can be seen in HIVers and non-HIVers. It's not considered a sign/symptom of HIV per se. However, it can be seen more commonly and have a more severe, chronic and extensive course in folks who have a compromised or deficient immune system from any cause (HIV/AIDS, cancer, radiation therapy, immunosuppressive medications, etc.).

To donate to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation via PayPal just go to the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Click the "donate" tab, scroll down to the PayPal icon and click again.

Be well. Stay well.

Sasquatch ate my PB&J Sandwich!!!!!!(Aliens are just silly)
Gene Therapy? (GENE THERAPY, 2009)