Hep B and HIV Test... $100 donation
Jun 15, 2009
I asked a question yesterday regarding possible exposure and testing but left one fact out.
I have chronic Hep B (get blood tested every 6 months). Does this impact HIV testing at all? If I'm infected with HIV, will this elevate my Hep B viral load?
I'm thinking of using the Home Access test and wondering if the Hep B has any impact.
Thanks for all of your advice to everyone and look for a $100 check from me in the mail.
Response from Dr. Frascino
2. HIV should not worsen your hepatitis B. In fact some treatments for HIV also treat hepatitis B.
3. Hepatitis B will not affect the accuracy of the Home Access test.
Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test is negative.
Good luck. Be well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When Can Gonorrhea Be Deadly?
- What Is The Origin Of Chlamydia?
- What Does The Discharge From Chlamydia Look Like For Men?
- What Are The Short-term Effects Of Syphilis?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Is There A Natural Way To Cure Hpv Genital Wart?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.