PIANOS ROCK!!!

YO DOC,

I just read that you're a classical pianist. ME TOO -- well at least I'm trying to be.

I asked a question not too long ago, but you didn't answer it (probably because there were some like it in the archives). But now I have a whole new question. . .

I had a low risk exposure (oral sex -- regrettably with ejaculation into my mouth). The guy says his status is negative, but my anxiety isn't allowing me to trust that. To date, I've taken an antibody at three weeks in (negative), a Proviral DNA by PCR at 57 days in (negative), and lastly an antibody test at 72 days in (negative). Is it too early to Woo-hoo? My anxiety is REALLY bad -- I cry alot, I can't sleep too well. My grandfather just died, so I'm sure some of my stress is due to that.

Any response would be great. But I plan on donating regardless.

Your HIV risk (oral sex) is relatively low. Your HIV tests to date, including a negative proviral DNA PCR at 57 days and a negative HIV-antibody test at 72 days, are essentially "WOO-HOO-able!" The guidelines indicate that HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be definitive. PCR tests (DNA or RNA) are generally not recommended for routine HIV screening, due to the rate of false positives, other technical concerns and cost. However, "false negatives" are really not a problem with proviral DNA PCR tests. Consequently, even though you don't have a three month negative HIV antibody test and DNA PCR is not strictly recommended for HIV screening, I'd say you are now definitively HIV negative. You should stop worrying (and crying) and start WOO-HOOing.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather's passing. I agree that is probably contributing to your stress and emotional lability. I also agree PIANO rocks! In fact now is the perfect time for you to utilize music's healing and soothing powers. I often turn to my piano when I need an emotional outlet (happy, sad and anything in between!).

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed well.) Now turn off the computer. It's time to switch keyboards. Go tickle those ivories. How about a soothing Chopin nocturne?

i ve already asked a question for HPV
Slipped in with precum