Precum in sores

I am gay and recently had sex with another guy from Australia (one night stand) whilst on holiday in Sydney. We had anal sex where I was the "bottom". We used a condom at all times whilst he was inside me. The next day I relised I had an outbreak of a couple of Herpes ulcers/sores around my anus one which was bleeding.( I was diagnosed with herpes in that exact place a few years ago and I normally have one or two outbrakes a year whilst feeling very run down )

I never normally have any sexual contact during an outbreak. I am now worried I had the soars there whilst we had sex without me noticing them. He's penis was touching my anus and rubbing against it a few times before the condom was on during foreplay. My worry is that I might have got some precum into the sore!!! This was only during foreplay and like I said he never entered me without a condom however the sores are on the outside of the anus. We had showers first and were still abit wet so it's difficult to know if precum exsisted.

I am not sure of the other guys hiv status. What are the chances of HIV infection through precum into a herpes sore? Are they really high? We were only touching each other this way for a few minutes before he put on the condom. I am realy worried since I know it's a much higher risk to contract hiv whilst having an herpes outbreak especially since I was bleeding the next day.

I have been to see a Dr at my local GUM clinic and at the same time had a full check up including an HIV test which I am still waiting for the result. He told me it is very unlikely I have contracted HIV this way and I shouldn't worry about it.

I am still really worried though and don't want to walk around feeling very worried for three months before a definate test result. I would very much appreciate a second opinion from you too find out the risk factors and the chances I could have contracted HIV. The more I read about it on the internet the more worried I get.

G'day mate!

Your HIV-acquisition risk from the Downunder event you describe is negligible at best. I agree with the doctor at your local GUM clinic!

As they say in Sydney, relax mate, she'll be apples!

Good luck. Pet a koala for me, OK?

Thanks Doc
nosebleed