Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Precum in sores
Jun 13, 2009

I am gay and recently had sex with another guy from Australia (one night stand) whilst on holiday in Sydney. We had anal sex where I was the "bottom". We used a condom at all times whilst he was inside me. The next day I relised I had an outbreak of a couple of Herpes ulcers/sores around my anus one which was bleeding.( I was diagnosed with herpes in that exact place a few years ago and I normally have one or two outbrakes a year whilst feeling very run down )

I never normally have any sexual contact during an outbreak. I am now worried I had the soars there whilst we had sex without me noticing them. He's penis was touching my anus and rubbing against it a few times before the condom was on during foreplay. My worry is that I might have got some precum into the sore!!! This was only during foreplay and like I said he never entered me without a condom however the sores are on the outside of the anus. We had showers first and were still abit wet so it's difficult to know if precum exsisted.

I am not sure of the other guys hiv status. What are the chances of HIV infection through precum into a herpes sore? Are they really high? We were only touching each other this way for a few minutes before he put on the condom. I am realy worried since I know it's a much higher risk to contract hiv whilst having an herpes outbreak especially since I was bleeding the next day.

I have been to see a Dr at my local GUM clinic and at the same time had a full check up including an HIV test which I am still waiting for the result. He told me it is very unlikely I have contracted HIV this way and I shouldn't worry about it.

I am still really worried though and don't want to walk around feeling very worried for three months before a definate test result. I would very much appreciate a second opinion from you too find out the risk factors and the chances I could have contracted HIV. The more I read about it on the internet the more worried I get.

Response from Dr. Frascino

G'day mate!

Your HIV-acquisition risk from the Downunder event you describe is negligible at best. I agree with the doctor at your local GUM clinic!

As they say in Sydney, relax mate, she'll be apples!

Good luck. Pet a koala for me, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thanks Doc
Next
nosebleed

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.