Stressed, worried, and freaked out.... $100 donation
Jun 12, 2009
I never thought much about HIV/AIDS at all until I started worrying about it after a possible exposure and now I'm starting to see why we need to find a cure for this thing asap... This forum has been extremely informative.
I am a 37 year old male and I had sex with a prostitute in Las Vegas on 6/4. We used a condom and I never came. It was really stupid of me and I trully regret it.
About 3 days later, I started to feel a slight fever and then had bad body aches and chills throughout the night. The fever, chills and body aches lasted about two days.
I no longer have a fever or body aches, but I have a sore throat which hasn't gone away (in the mornings, I cough up yellowish/brown phlegm).
A few questions for you, please...
1) Are these classic ARS symptoms? 2) Is this too soon for ARS symptoms? 3) When is the earliest I can use the Home Access test kit?
Thank you in advance for your help. Look for a $100 donation from me for your assistance.
As an aside, is there a way we can PayPal funds to your organization?
Response from Dr. Frascino
I'm delighted that after nearly three decades of HIV/AIDS ravaging the planet and snuffing out more than 28,000,000 lives you now are "starting to see why we need to find a cure for this thing." I wish more people would become enlightened, even if it is belatedly enlightened! Glad to have you onboard at last!
Addressing your specific questions:
1. No. For one thing the timeframe is all wrong. ARS symptoms take several weeks, not days, to become manifest. Also, as I frequently state, "symptoms" are notoriously unreliable when it comes to predicting who is and is not HIV infected.
3. Three months. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be definitive or conclusive.
Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. Your one gift will touch many lives. In return I'm sending you my good luck karma that your definitive HIV test is negative. Please note that if you used a latex condom properly and it did not fail (break), your chances of HIV transmission are essentially nonexistent. This would again prove the old adage: What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
Regarding PayPal, yes, the foundation accepts PayPal donations. Just click on the donate tab and then on the PayPal option on the foundation's Web site: www.concertedeffort.org.
Be well. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Does A Herpes Rash On The Face Look Like?
- What Can Cause A False Positive For Gonorrhea?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginitis?
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
- Symptoms Of Shingles In The Throat
- Symptoms Of Gonorrhea In Your Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.