Jun 12, 2009
can a man in a discordant relationship transmit the Hiv virus to another woman sexually? i.e can his wife be negative and his mistress positive?The mistress acquired the virus from the man
Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, certainly that is possible. If the guy is positively charged (so to speak), he could transmit the virus to one partner and not another because not every HIV exposure leads to HIV transmission. By the way, why is this guy cheating on his wife?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection Sign Of Seroconversion
- Blood In Urine After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.