question + 100 donation Dr Bob1

Hi doc ,

I read a post , where you mentioned , that in your own experience about HIV you have not seen somebody that Tests negative at the 3 Month mark, and later positive, with the new generation tests, here comes the question, 1) what are for you the new generation test? the EIA that search antibodies & p24 antigen? 2)you mentioned that only few cases have turned to positive, but in very extenuating circumstances, what are those extenuating circumstances? 3)how conclusive is a 3 month mark test? do u think 6 month is outdated like in freedomhealt 4) do you know the Instrument Elecsys 2010 Roche for hiv how reliable is it?

Dr thanks for your time im a 30 years old goodlooking man , you are very handsome , congrats for your relation with steve, I hope You are very happy!

1. An EIA for anti-HIV antibodies plus a p24 antigen is usually at least a third-generation assay. I'd call that new or at least newish!

2. These are extremely rare and far too numerous to list completely. The "common" ones include immune system problems (common variable immunodeficiency disease, radiation, chemotherapy, drugs that cause temporary immunosuppression, etc.), laboratory or clerical errors, etc.

3. In most cases three months is sufficient for a definitive result. The CDC recommends a six-month follow-up for occupational exposures and significant exposure to someone documented to be HIV positive.

4. Very reliable according to my sources.

Thanks for your generous donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org) and also for the handsome comment! Both are warmly appreciated.

Be well.

Is there HIV immunity???
haunted by the past...