+ female conflicted

Hi just recently found out that i'm + from my previous relationship.Recently made up with my childhood sweetheart but we havent had sex yet.first just want to find out when i should disclose to him,since we were already communicating about being together while i was still in the other relationship.secondly do u think its possible for an HIV + female and HIV - male to concieve a child without the male getting infected and the child being born negative.anon

Hi Conflicted Poz-Female,

I've addressed both disclosure and magnetic couple pregnancy issues multiple times in this forum. Consequently I'll respond only briefly and refer you to the archives for more detailed discussions, OK?

When it comes to disclosure, every situation is unique. In general I recommend disclosing earlier rather than later and certainly before you hit the sheets for your first round of horizontal mattress mambo. Review the chapter dedicated to HIV disclosure in the archives for specific tips and testimonials regarding disclosure.

As for magnetic couples being able to conceive safely, yes, it is indeed possible. For your situation, poz female and negative male, in vitro fertilization is certainly a very safe option. You should work closely with an HIV-knowledgeable obstetrician. Also read through the archives of this forum. Yep, we have an entire chapter devoted to pregnancy and another chapter devoted to magnetic couples!

Hello Doctor
afraid u dnt answ. my quest. b/c ur not sure... freakng out now!