Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

80 donation + closure+ WooHOO?
Jun 10, 2009

im male, im 24 my encounter was unprotected vaginal sex with a + female & also she practice me a blowjob with no protection my sympthoms bad non exudative pharynhitis at 6 weeks, and loose stools at 8 till now! my tests 8,11,13,16,20 weeks everyone negative , they were 4th generation & p24 EIA, with all those tests in your experience any way im positive? should i wait six month or not needed, also i would like to ask with only this sympthoms do you think i could have the citomegalovirus, an if u think so ho do i ask for this test like herpes 1 & 2 or not necesary , or something like syfilis,? thx very much i appreciate your time , my girlfriend think u are cute!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Unprotected insertive vaginal sex with a woman confirmed to be HIV infected does place you at risk for STDs, including HIV. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not infected.

Your negative fourth generation HIV tests, including p24 antigen EIA at 8, 11, 13, 16 and 20 weeks are extremely encouraging. In my personal experience I have not seen anyone with your history who tests repeatedly negative out to 20 weeks seroconvert to HIV positive at the six-month mark. However, my personal experience does not change the guidelines! The CDC recommends that anyone with a significant exposure (you qualify) to someone confirmed to be HIV infected get HIV-antibody tests at both the three- and six-month marks. So if you want the CDC stamp of approval that you definitively and conclusively dodged the HIV bullet, you'll need one last HIV-antibody test at the six-month mark.

As for additional workup for other STDs, your local health department, STD clinic or private physician should be able to screen you for these common ailments.

Finally, even though your girlfriend has the hots for me, I promise I'm not a threat. Not only am I already legally married, I'm also gay.

Good luck and hug that sexy girlfriend of yours from me, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
Sex with Ziploc Bag (SEX WITH PLASTIC BAGS, ZIPLOC BAGS, 2009)
Next
i jz need reassuarance...n how 2 donate?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.