The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I feel like crap! Damn good looking Guy!

Jun 9, 2009

Hey Dr Bob, OK, the guy was so hot! I had unprotected oral sex with an HIV pos male where I swallowed a small amount of semen. I had no sores or bleeding gums. He told me afterward that he was positive but he was in good health and he had been positive for awhile. About 9 days later I get what I think is an intestinal bug. Achy joints and diarrhea. This lasted about 5 days. I thought it was better but it's back again including slight nausea. I have had no fever, chills or night sweats. I got an HIV test yesterday, however it takes a couple of weeks to get the results. It also would have been less than three weeks since the exposure. Am I just overreacting? What are your thoughts? Would I test positive if this were ARS? Any help would be gratly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Oral sex carries only a very low risk for HIV transmission/acquisition. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. Are you overreacting? Well, since I don't know exactly how you are reacting, I can't really judge if you're overreacting or not. Certainly if you're extremely anxious and worried, I'd say yeah, you're overreacting.

Get an HIV test at the three-month mark. The odds are all in your favor that the results will be negative.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

$50 Donation For Question On Weird Oral Sex Part 2
Your answers r AMAZING, u should b AWARDED

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint