Really Worried

Hi there,

Just to let you know I have severe anxiety regarding HIV and this is probably the worse thing that could have happened to me.

Anyway, on the 7th April, went over my mates house, who I know for a few years, but have not seen in around 10 months have kept in touch with him and way we hooked up and he rimmed me and fingered me and we kissed etc and fucked each other all safe, have always had safe anal sex with him.

Anyway went over his on Wednesday the 13th May and did the same, on the Friday 15th I found out that he has been HIV positive for 6 months, only found out on the Friday after so 40hrs later, and when I found out went immediately to the Hospital and spoke to the health advisor and said that I wanted PEP, they didnt want to give it to me, but I said that he cum in my mouth (which he didnt) so they said I could have it, because also of my anxiety.

I am just worried that;

1.I sucked him off for around 5 mins, but he didnt cum but I deep throated him at times, there may have been precum not sure.

2.He had a cold, does this mean he is more susceptible at passing on the illness

2.That I had my finger deep in his arse and fingered him but no cuts on my fingers

3.That he rimmed me and was spitting on my arse, how about if his spit got into my arse?

4.That after he fucked me with a condom and made me cum, he put a condom on me and cus I was still hard I fucked him. To keep me hard he put his finger inside my arse when I got home there was a small tear just inside my bum probably from him fucking me. I am just thinking that if he got precum or a bit of anal mucus on his finger (cus he put lube inside his arse before) and then touched the small tear then I may have been put at risk! He said that he does not precum much and there was lube and stuff and when he did cum it was on my chest that was wiped off with a towel

5. The day after I had a noticed small tiny ulcer on my tongue, would this be a transmission route?

He has told me that he has been on meds for 6 months since he found out and has been undetectable for 3 4 months, the last test which showed he was undetectable was last month

I was worried about the 7th April incident so went to a private doctors in town and they did a HIV duo test as this would show if antibodies were being produced from 7th April, that came back negative,

Just so worried about 13th May, I am on PEP and had a test in my first week and this was negative, I have also tested every week since being on PEP but am just really worried.

I am asthmatic and for the past week and a bit have had to sometimes take my inhalers in the morning and night, this might be due to the humind weather or the hayfever season starting, but am just worried that its connected to the risk I had.

Do you think I am at risk?

Please Help

1. I agree with the ER physicians: PEP was not warranted. You also shouldn't have lied about your true HIV risk, as this has now resulted in you inappropriately taking medications that can have significant side effects. I'd suggest you level with the HIV specialist following your case. Most likely he will advise you to stop PEP.

2. No.

2. (Another 2?) No risk, assuming the skin on your finger was intact.

3. No risk.

4. Essentially no risk.

5. No, unless it was an open wound. And even then the risk would be slight at best.

That your positively charged buddy has been on effective combination antiretrovirals, which have driven his HIV plasma viral load to undetectable levels, significantly decreases the risk of HIV transmission.

There is no reason to test weekly while on PEP. The guidelines recommend a test at baseline, four-six weeks, three months and six months.

Your increased asthma symptoms are not HIV related. More likely they are due to seasonal allergies or increased stress.

Microbicide trials
$50 Donation For Question On Weird Oral Sex Part 2