HIV and HEP C: Delayed Seroconversion

Dear Dr. Bob,

I see that many people rely on your service. Thank you for your time and expertise. I will make a donation to your foundation to support your efforts.

Here is my issue. I tested negative on antibody tests for HIV and Hep C numerous times as far out as 6 months past a possible exposure. I also tested "not detected" on an HIV DNA PCR at 4 and 5.5 months and the same on a HEP C RNA PCR. I would woo-hoo except that I have had a long list of strange symptoms that make me question the findings. Also, LFTs and CBC have been consistently normal in four tests taken over the last 6 months.

The symptoms have included sinus infections, sore throat, shingles, conjunctivitis, encephalomeningitis, painful peripheral neuropathy, 25-30 pound weight loss, diarrhea, sweating, and pain on the right side of my abdomen.

Please let me know what you think.

Your repeatedly negative antibody tests for HIV and hepatitis C out to six months plus your negative HIV DNA PCR and hepatitis C RNA PCR at 4 and 5.5 months are absolutely conclusive and definitive. HIV and hepatitis C are not your problems. No way. No how. No additional testing for these two illnesses is warranted.

Unfortunately I cannot diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet. However, what I can do with absolute certainty is advise you that neither HIV nor hepatitis C is the cause!

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Follow up with your general medical doctor if you have any persistent symptoms. However, remember the cause is definitely not HIV or hepatitis C.

Never asked.. good karma to follow + donation
Ocular Worried