you must be totally tired dr bob - part 3 - thank you

hi thanks again for answering my questions - i did some more reading and you are correct the various sites all have such different information and now i understand why people have all these challenges with testing, symptoms and anxiety. i believe that i am more comfortable with your recommendation of the 3 month mark as conclusive.even if i test at the 6 weeks i know i will be still be concerned. but if i test at 6 weeks i will just used it as a guide. i would like to suggest. i think that there should be sites, well more so chat rooms for people who are in the widow period (only those who are really waiting, not people reporting symptoms) to just keep each other company during this time because from what i can tell reading this and other sites it is mostly "worry wells". because during this time it can be very lonely and scary (i feel it too)and having someone to talk with is very comforting and most people do not want to reveal their indiscretion to family/friends and hence the reason they are also writing in so much. so having others to provde support during this time might serve as more of a comfort for them than they writing into a site and then checking the site a million times a day to see if it has been answered and then dissappointed that you did not chose them out of the 10,000 emails you probably from all over the world you receive daily. i am sure this constant checking surely adds to their already anxiouness. if they do not have an avenue to express then you and others will always work for the dept of redundancy (and from what i have been reading it seems that your are the Director of that dept and working your way up to be the president lol). and of note i realized that my risk - well from reading the archives what you would say - was having sex (i am female), the condom slipped, i know the guy and he tested negative 4 months prior (saw the results) but when that happened got concerned if he cheated, if he was in a window period for his negative result and the usual crazy thoughts that come after etc and now i would be at risk. thank you so very much again DR ROBERT :)

You're welcome. I agree support services throughout the waiting period would be an excellent resource. I often suggest worried wells that are having significant difficulty with anxiety seek counseling (psychotherapy) if possible. I should also mention that chat rooms and unsupervised discussions can lead to increased anxiety in some people in this group of people. They could wind up internalizing everyone else's symptoms and fears. I'll bet if someone mentioned their teeth turned green in one of these meetings, other folks would think their teeth had suddenly become little emeralds as well.

Sign for med?
Resistance