Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

ORAL RISK and TEST
Jun 3, 2009

Hello Doctor Frascino ! I'm writing you for the first time and came to you across my riends from Wienna. They recomanded you and this site.

So, this is my problem : i have kidney failure (functionallity about 60%, creatinine is normal). I was drunk as i visited a female prostitute here in Vienna and she gave me a "blow-job" without condom . Doc, i know she is profesional and wanted to ask you if it is possible that she had sperm residues in her mouth which could infect me with a virus? I read your archive and found your answers about insertive felaltion, but i feel bad, not only because i have this ilness (kidney problems), also because of my "phantasy" she might have some amount of sperm in her mouth and i think noone here in Vienna can answer me this questions, but maybe you can. Coctor, if i now go and make PCR 14 days after this, is it a good idea ? Or do you think from what i wrote down, thre is no reason for such worry ? I just need your dvice 8what would you do)...

And i wanted to thank you for your work with people, for your research and energy to help everyone worldwide.

Stay always well. Greetings from Vienna

Marko

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Marko from Vienna,

Why would you worry that your hooker had a mouth full of "baby batter" from her last customer before tonguing your trouser snake? Even pros don't usually use spunk for mouthwash! Your HIV-acquisition risk (insertive oral sex) remains very low. Your reduced kidney function and your "phantasy" would not affect your risk.

My advice would be to get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. PCR tests are not recommended for routine HIV screening, due to the rate of false positives, other technical issues and cost.

Good luck. Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
blood on sink in airplane
Next
Your Scottish thanks!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.