Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I'm dating a positive man, I'm negitive
Jun 2, 2009

I have been dating a hiv positive guy for a couple of weeks. He was up front with his Hiv status. Myself I am negitive and looking for anwsers to calm my fears, Before we become sexual. I'm glad that I have had the chance to read this fourm. I do have friends who are Hiv Positive as like many other that have sent you messages. who belive as long as they are undectectable it is ok to have unprotected sex and will not pass Hiv on to their partners. I would like to say thanks for making me feel more at ease dating this man. I now understand that low or high risk use a condom always. Thanks for make me a better inform man and not listening to the myths that are out there.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

You're welcome! I'm delighted you found the information here helpful. In return perhaps you could do a favor for me. "Pay it forward." That means take what you've learned here and spread the word to others. You are correct: There are many myths and much misinformation circulating about HIV/AIDS. Help me spread the truth. Science-based factual information is the best way to confront myths, stigma and confusion about HIV prevention and transmission. Tell your friends about this Web site and help them realize they are playing sexual Russian roulette.

Be well. I hope you and your positively charged Mr. Right live happily (and healthily) ever after.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Best friend with HIV
Next
Im not living, Can I WooHOO? 320 DONATION please...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.