Ryan White funded clinic and copay

Being a long term survivor I have had to switch from private care to a Ryan white title III clinic because of costs. Seems like dollars going into Ryan white never seem to reach the client for services now I guess that's true for clinic appointments and medications. I am on Social Security and an unfortunate to receive $1200. But now the HIV clinic funded by Ryan white title III and various other methods is now charging me $89 per visit. My co-pays push me into poverty and my partner has now died. Can you tell me with all government funding that goes into this clinic why and if it is legal to charge us for the visit. Maybe it is time to just stop everything. Thank you

With 47 million Americans completely uninsured and another 25 million underinsured, the entire United States health care system is in crisis.

Is it legal for your clinic to charge for visits? Yes, it is. I can't comment on whether the charges are fair or justified. What I can do is remind everyone that we desperately need universal health care for all Americans. The injustices in our current system are shameful and morally indefensible.

As for this being the "time to stop everything," only you can decide that. However, I certainly hope you are not considering giving up because you can't afford to get the medical care you need! Talk to the benefits counselor at your Ryan White clinic and also at your local AIDS service organization to see what other options you may have. And remember, Ryan White never gave up!

Foot cramps when laying down
What should I do?