5th try please answer for god's sake

I used to have frequent sex(every month) with prostitutes from january 2007 to february 2009. everytime i used double condom.sometimes the girl used to put condom on my penis.sometimees the condom used to slip down half of my penis but it never came off completly, every time i used to take it off after sex, however as far as i remember there was not a single incidence of condom breakage.but one time the condom stuck and remained in the vagina when i pulled out my penis after having sex.also for a single time when i sucked the nipple one or two drop of milk came into my mouth, when i asked the girl she told me that she breastfeed her one year child.at that time i had problem of bleeding gums.i used to have just one time sex on each visit and i also used to finger their vagina but i never had oral sex.please tell me what are my chances of getting infected with HIV. I have lost my weight by 10kg in last 8 months.I have also had cold and sore throat 2-3 times in last 6 months,presently i am suffering from tonsillitis for last one month i can see my tonsil has become reddish and swollen. from last two months i am suffering from deigestive problem and i always feel as i am having fever.I also feel mild pain in my legs below knee and in the foot, do these mean that i am infected. please answer my queries as i am living in severe depression.

If latex condoms were used properly and did not fail (break), your HIV-acquisition risk would be essentially nonexistent. That said, I do not recommend using two latex condoms simultaneously. (See below.) As for the condom getting stuck in the vagina, if this occurred as you were withdrawing and your urethra did not come into contact with any vaginal/cervical secretions, your risk remains essentially nonexistent. Several drops of breast milk are not considered a transmission risk for HIV. Despite your lack of significant HIV-risk exposure based on the information in your post, if you remain worried or feel you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, you should get a single HIV-antibody test three months or longer from your last potential exposure. The results will most likely be negative; however, if it helps to put your residual worries permanently to rest, it will be worth the time and effort psychologically.

Your "symptoms" are not worrisome for HIV. I agree you are "living in severe depression." Depression may well be the cause of many of your symptoms! Talk to your doctor about your symptoms, your fears and your depression. Effective treatment is available.

Probability of Being Infected (DOUBLE BAGGING) (USING TWO CONDOMS) Apr 20, 2008

Hello Dr.Bob, I am from Turkey and I was on a trip to Korea last week. I had a sexual relation with a Korean woman that I do not know but I have suspicions of her. I used condom and made just an ordinary(no anal etc, blowjob etc.) I used two condoms according to usage instructions and one and another one on it. I did it just once and washed the region after sex.And cleaned with also alcholed handkerchief. How can I be sure if I am infected or not ? In a few weeks what kind of things on my body makes me sure if I got the virus or not ? Effects of it in a 3-4 weeks I mean? Thanks for support. Regards

You "used two condoms according to usage instructions . . . ."???? WHAT??? What usage instructions recommend double bagging? None that I'm aware of. Using two latex condoms can cause latex-on-latex friction, which can weaken the integrity of the condom and increase the likelihood the latex condoms will break. (See below.)

If your condoms did not break, your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent. If you are worried, the only way to be "sure" is to get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark.

goodyear rubber (DOUBLE BAGGING) (USING TWO CONDOMS) Nov 27, 2007

thank you for your much needed service.i will be happy to donate to your cause.iam a married man who "BI ANAL ly has anal sex with a man who visits my area .i am the insertive partner.as a ultra safe precaution i have used,four,yes four condoms on my penis. no i don't get the sensation but the act itself gets me off.i know what your thinking,but it works for me. i have heard double bagging can be counterproductive as it can cause friction between the condoms.do you think using four erases any cause for concern(not my mental well being ) but my obvious fear of contracting hiv?i and he both enjoy these twice a year get togethers.i guess i'm just seeking total piece of mind and yes my wife knows.

Hey Goodyear Rubber Guy,

"Bi-Anal-ly" indeed! Hmm . . . and you use four condoms for your backdoor action to potentially "erase any cause for concern???" And you state, "I know what you're thinking . . . ." Hmm, I tend to doubt that, but what I'm thinking doesn't relate to the point of your question, so I'll save those comments for another time. Regarding your four-condom action plan, well, there is absolutely no evidence that four condoms offer any more protection than one. You are also correct that there is some evidence suggesting double bagging causes friction of latex on latex, which may compromise the integrity of condoms and increase the likelihood of breakage! One could surmise the same increased risk could apply to quadruple bagging.

So Goodyear Rubber Guy (or Michelin Tire Man?), my advice remains that you should use one condom, but use it properly with plenty of water-based lubricant. (See below.)

Can two condoms be safe (DOUBLE BAGGING) (USING TWO CONDOMS) Aug 27, 2007

An HIV + male had on two condoms, we had vaginal intercourse (i was on top)...not for very long time......as soon as i got off of him (condoms still on), I saw him ejaculate into the condom. i did not see anything leaking out...everything seemed to be in the first condom. i inspected the condoms the next day and noticed the internal condom was full of semen, mainly at the top and the outer condom seemed to move loosley around the outside, as though it had never come in contact with semen from the first condom. I am very scared and worried and mad with myself for what I did. What are my chances of getting past this without having contracted HIV?

Thanks for your time.

Your HIV risk would be nonexistent if the latex condom did not fail. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how. That said, I do not recommend "double bagging." See below.

Double condoms to prevent HIV Aug 29, 2005

Dear Robert, I travel lot for asian countries like thailand etc.When I have sex with Bar girls there I always use double comdoms(ie one on other) as precaution ,so what is my chance of getting HIV.For information my condoms never brokened nor I had oral sex with them.

There are no scientific studies showing "double bagging" is safer than properly using a single latex condom. In fact, there is some information suggesting that double bagging causes friction of latex on latex, which may compromise the integrity of the condoms and increase the likelihood of breakage! Besides, it's hard enough to get one layer of latex on and used properly. By the time you double wrap, your partner could be out of the mood or asleep. Plus, Mr. Happy will probably not feel all that happy. He might not "feel" much at all! And if two layers were safer, then what about three or four or a dozen? Pretty soon it's going to be like sleeping with the Michelin Tire Man.

Infecting more people to boost the efforts for a cure? part 2
$50 Donation For Question On Weird Oral Sex