|can i woo hoo!!!! please tell me yes!!!!
May 30, 2009
hello Robert, i really like your posts, you make people feel good, hope you can answer this question since i have not seen any similar in the archives anyway i'm a male & had a risk contact back on july 08 with a woman i didnt know HIV status, unprotected intercurse for a 5-7 minutes the rest using a condom anyway i didnt put to much atention to that one night stand until last january since i was feeling ok in the mean time i went through surgery, around mid september and after 3 months i wasnt feeling well (from surgery) I told my doc about that incident and he ask for HIV test
the HIV test came out NEGATIVE (Elisa & P24 i dont know what generation)
I have a couple of questions
1. after 6 months from risk contact, is this a true NEGATIVE, should i test again ??
2. would surgery affect in anyway the production of antibodys, since i was under a period of antibiotics and therefore increase the window for test??
i have been kind of paranoic the last couple of months even with a NEGATIVE test. i'm not sleeping well and every single ache or symptom i think is hiv related
i know i'm being over stressed and want to have a piece of mind
thanks for your comments
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Your HIV test is a true negative. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted.
2. No, absolutely not.
I agree you are "paranoic" and "overstressed." Consider talking with your doctor about your stress and anxiety problems. Effective treatment is available.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Dried Semen What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Needle Stick Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.