The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

turning in circles

May 30, 2009

i will summarize my situation. i have now had three sculptra treatments, the loss of fat from arms and hands continues with veins protruding, muscles mass decreasing. I have had 7 elisa test (5 home access) 1 from quest laboratory, and 1 from a major hospital in the city that i live plus one bDNA test all of which are negative out to two years. one test did reveal low free testosterone levels. i have tried to let the hiv go but everytime i look at my face and body it simply overtakes my thoughts. recently the girl that i have been dating has had dramatic lose of fat in her cheeks and we haven't even had sex but simply casual kissing. she did have a tooth removed and now i am worried i have infected her as well with hiv. i really don't know where to turn so i ask for your advice and counsel.

Response from Dr. Frascino


I find your story quite sad. Despite overwhelming and irrefutable evidence you are HIV negative, you continue to believe you are infected and have now transmitted HIV to a girlfriend via "simple casual kissing."

My advice is straightforward: You need to see a psychiatrist. Your fears are irrational. You do not have HIV. Period. If you wish to stop "turning in circles," I urge you to follow my advice.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Criminalization is a shame and absolutely useless (CRIMINALIZATION OF HIV) (CRIMINALIZING HIV NON-DISCLOSURE, 2009)
can i woo hoo!!!! please tell me yes!!!!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint