Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

you must be totally tired dr bob !!!!!!
May 30, 2009

hi there dr i came to this site seeking information about testing and instead of asking my question (i got it answered from just looking at the recent posts) i decided to just comment on the numerous times you have stated over and over that a 4 week neg is encouraging but nothing is conclusive until the 3 month mark. additionally, that symptoms are never a cause for diagnosis because it does not mean you are infected. just had to ask are you tired of answering this ? accept my congratualtions for being such a very patient guy and for all those still asking about window period and symptoms - please just read the archives. as for me my 4 week is negative and i take that to be encouraging but need to re-test at the 3 month mark and my symptoms cause me anxiety but i need to remember that is does not mean hiv - i know i am correct about this from reading the posts. btw why the name dr bob when your name is robert?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Thanks for noticing! I frequently feel like I work for "The Department of Redundancy Department."

As for name, well Dr. Robert sounds a bit formal since this forum is devoted to sex. Besides, the Beatles used "Dr. Robert" as the title for one of their songs. So, Dr. Bob seemed appropriate. Besides, the folks who write in often have atrocious spelling and Bob is the same spelled forward and backward, so . . . .

Thanks for using the archives and recommending others do the same. (QUESTION POSTERS ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION TO THIS????)

As for being a patient guy, well, what would a doctor be without patients (patience)?

Be well. Good luck with your upcoming HIV tests.

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV and Extacy
Next
Final wooohooo please doc!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.