Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Worried pregnant mommy : ( answer me i need to sleep!!
May 28, 2009

Hello Dr. Bob!! First of all i have to say sorry for my bad english but im "a latina". I hope you understand me and answer my question. I spent hours in front of the computer and believe me I read all the posts from the HIV Transmission (non sexually risks) but im still feeling the urgent need to share my personal experience. I Know i have OCD but now is getting worst with the pregnancy.

The other day i went to the church but it was a rainy day so i took my umbrella with me. I sat in a chair and put the umbrella on the floor to closing it and avoid getting wet with it. Immediately after closing i put it on my side and in that moment i saw several brownish droplets on my umbrella. When i look carefully at the floor I saw a blood spot like a quarter (it was on the floor at least 20-25 mins before). In fact when i close the umbrella i have to touched the blood/water mix with my fingers ( my skin were intact) without knowing. My fear is that I remember touched the inner corners of both eyes with my fingers.

Is there any risk of touching,rubbing my eyes or mouth with "contaminated fingers"?? or you consider my experience as a extreeeemelyyy casual contact and HIV needs other routes in order to be transmitted???

Please answer me, put my fears on rest!!I need to get some sleep for me and my baby girl!! If i have to fly to New York and get your attention by streaking naked across Times Square, I will do it!!! : )

Best Wishes, Dr. Bob

Crazy pregnant mommy

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Crazy Pregnant Latina Mommy,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is completely nonexistent.

As for a crazy pregnant Latina mommy streaking buck naked across Times Square, well that's a fairly common occurrence so I doubt anyone would really notice. But it sure sounds like fun nonetheless.

If your OCD-induced irrational fears persist, I'd suggest you seek professional counseling (psychotherapy) to help you confront and conquer these totally unwarranted worries.

Be well. Stop worrying.

Dr. Bob

Previous
hope my question gets answered this time its the 4th time i m trying
Next
Thanks

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.